Photography Field Trips
- Students in photography classes went to Tranquille Farm in the spring of 2015 for a half-day photoshoot.
- In 2016, we went downtown and to McQueen Lake.
- In 2016-17, we had trips to downtown and Sun Peaks.
- In 2018, students went downtown, to Sun Peaks, and up to TRU to see their photography program.
Fine Arts Trip for Actors and Artists
- In 2017, we went on an out-of-school trip to New York. Highlights included 3 famous art museums, a graffiti-to-galleries tour, 3 Broadway shows, visits to iconic New York sights (Empire State Building, Rockefeller Centre, 9/11 memorial, Times Square, etc.), and a Broadway workshop.
- In January 2016, we went to Dirty Dancing, and last year, we went to Jersey Boys (both in Vancouver).
- In June 2015, we took students on an overnight trip to the the Lion King. We visited Granville Island before our arrival at the hotel, and then went to the musical later that evening. The next morning, we made some photo stops in the iconic Stanley Park.
- In 2014, we took our students on overnight trips to Vancouver to see West Side Story and Wicked. They also saw some of the Vancouver Biennale’s permanent outdoor sculptures and visited Gu Xiong’s exhibit at the Gordon Smith Gallery. What was especially cool about this exhibit was that Westsyde students had helped Gu Xiong by creating a couple hundred of his thousands of ceramic pigs for his central piece.
See Ms. Richards or Mr. Sawka for permission forms.
- This year, the music students are going to New Orleans during Spring Break. See Mr. Heal for more information.